Those who are on the run every day know the importance of a quick, healthy meal. While you don’t have a lot a time to spare to get something to eat, at the same time you don’t want to make a habit out of eating greasy and unhealthy. Coming to your rescue are these five quick lunch weekday lunch buffet in Singapore where the food is packed with goodness and the service is quick.
1. Cherry Garden: Serving Chinese food, this place has the most well trained staff. The food is consistent in taste and quality. Slurp down a bowl of double boiled soups or lobsters baked in spicy sauce. If you feel ravenous but are short on time, for $48 you get the Lily set that is delivered within 45 minutes flat. The restaurant is open till 2.30pm for lunch on weekdays.
2. Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar: For all your Italian food cravings, this crusader for homemade tagliatele and mascarpone cheese, offers a set menu lunch consisting of a starter, mains and dessert all for $39. The menu changes every week. The lunch hours are from noon to 3pm from Monday to Saturday.
3. Jaan: The French serving restaurant has two options: a three course meal and a five course meal. A good option for a business lunch, the dishes served here is authentic and true to its name. The foie gras, ballotine of quail and saba fillet with smoked ratte potato are a must try. For dessert they have treats like Bounty Gourmandise which is a mixture of coconut mousse, milk chocolate ganache and passionfruit heart. The working hours for lunch are from noon to 3pm, Monday to Saturday.
4. Han: Serving the best from the Japanese cuisine, Han specializes in deep fried skewers (kushikatsu). The set menu includes seven sticks, all for a reasonable price. The menu sometimes varies with seasons to include special ingredients or exotic meat like mushroom with cream cheese and Korobuta pork. Lunch is served from noon to 3 pm, Monday to Saturday.
5. OCF: Authentic French food is served by the trained chef Jonathan Koh. You can expect starter like Brittany squid, Encornet, Black rice cremeux, and mussel vinaigrette. The mains boast of dry aged American prime striploin and parsnip puree. If not for the food, the ambiance is a must experience. The wine list is also elaborate with a focus on French tipples. An ideal place for business meetings, the charming limited seating, and river over-looking eatery is open for lunch till 2.30 pm from Monday to Friday.